Online advanced tickets are not required for the Winter season to visit The Gardens, tickets are available for purchase upon arrival at our admission gates. Should you choose to buy online tickets they are valid for entry at any time during operating hours.
Online timed entrance tickets purchased for The Magic of Christmas season (December 1 – January 6) guarantee entrance for the designated date and time selected. Tickets and are non-refundable. If you have purchased timed entrance tickets and are unable to attend on the designated time or date, and cannot rebook within the 2023 Magic of Christmas season, the dollar value of the unused timed entrance ticket can be applied to a future visit. The dollar value of the ticket never expires.
Daily admission tickets for all other seasons (January 7 – November 20) are not assigned to a specific date and time, do not guarantee admittance, and are non-refundable. Online tickets do not expire and the amount of the ticket can be used towards admission for a future visit. View rates.
All tickets issued by The Gardens are for the sole purpose of accessing The Gardens and are for the express purpose of viewing the gardens. All Fireworks and entertainment, when available, is offered free of charge to Ticket Holders and is performed in outdoor venues, and as such is subject to cancellation without notice. All tickets are non-refundable, however, the monetary value of unscanned and/or unused tickets can be applied to any future admission.
- Tickets may be purchased at our admission gate or online.
- Tickets for personal use must be purchased here.
- Tickets for gifts must be purchased here. Gift tickets are mailed out in advance and do not require credit card presentation upon arrival.
- Tickets purchased online are non-refundable and do not expire.
- The value can be used towards the price of admission at any time.
- Rates in Canadian dollars include tax.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- We do not offer seniors or student discounts.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Interac Bank/Debit Card and cash.
- Same day readmission is permitted. Please have your hand stamped at the Turnstiles or Information Centre before departure and must present your original admission ticket upon return.
- Next day readmission is permitted. Please have your hand stamped at the Turnstiles before departure and present your original admission ticket upon return.
- You will not be readmitted without your original admission ticket.
- Readmission is not permitted on Firework Saturdays.
- Readmission rates:
- Adults: $3.70
- Youth: $2.65
- Children: $1.05
- Only one readmission is permitted.
The Butchart Gardens’ military discount was implemented in 1941. What began as free admission for military in uniform during the war years, is continued by the Butchart family to this day.
- Active serving members in the Canadian Armed Forces receive complimentary admission upon presentation of a valid CF1 card along with photo identification.
- Canadian Forces Veterans receive a 50% discount upon presentation of a valid CF1 card along with photo identification.
- Active serving members of foreign military receive a 50% discount upon presentation of valid military identification along with photo identification.
- Discounts are not extended to family or guests.
- Not valid on Firework Saturdays. Full admission will be charged and the applicable refund will be returned if departure is prior to 4:00pm.