General Tickets and Planning
Tickets will not be accepted if you arrive without the credit card used to purchase. The credit card used to purchase must be presented to eradicate fraudulent ticket purchases.
You can purchase tickets as a gift online or over the phone by calling 250-652-4422. Tickets can be mailed out or left at the admission gate box office for pick up.
Online tickets are non-refundable and do not expire.
If you are unable to attend on the ticket date, the value of the unused ticket can be applied towards the price of admission at any time.
Pets are welcome to visit provided they are kept directly at your side and under control at all times. You are expected to clean up after your pet.
From December 1 through January 6 pets will not be permitted between 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
During all other times, pets are welcome at The Butchart Gardens. When visiting The Gardens with your pet:
- Please ensure you are fully aware of what your pet is doing at all times.
- Pick up after your pet so that others do not step in anything unpleasant. Waste bags are available when you enter The Gardens as well as in the parking lot, at the Ross Fountain, the Carousel Patio and the Wharf Lookout. Litter can be deposited into garbage cans designated for trash.
- Use a 4-foot maximum length leash in order to keep your pet close by. No retractable leashes permitted.
- Avoid interactions with other pets to maintain the comfort and safety of all our visitors.
Inside our facilities
- Only BC Certified Guide & Service dogs are permitted in our restaurants and the Seed & Gift Store. Please note that BC Guide/Service Dogs are certified through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, Security Programs Division. Owners will be asked to show the appropriate ID, and if you are traveling from outside of British Columbia you will be asked to show comparable ID from your home jurisdiction.
- As the Guide Dog & Service Dog Act of BC does not certify therapy, companion or emotional support dogs, we do not permit these dogs in our food service venues, Seed and Gift store, carousel or tour boats.
- Pet Policy
All parking is free. We accommodate cars, bicycles and RVs. Parking for people with disabilities is also available.
Our designated picnicking areas are adjacent to the main parking lot and on the concert lawn.
BBQ’s of any kind are not permitted.
If it rains—or will rain imminently!—our staff distribute hundreds of umbrellas throughout the grounds and parking lots so you can borrow one and stay dry.
We also encourage visitors to bring their own umbrellas in the event of rain.
Accessing The Gardens
The Butchart Gardens is over 115 years old. Some pathways are therefore narrow, and as the gardens are built around an old limestone quarry with gardens stretching down to the shoreline, there are pathways with a steeper grade.
Paths with steeper grades are located as follows, and alternate routes are noted by signage and indicated on our visitor map:
- Between the Concert Lawn and the Rose Garden
- In the Rose Garden
- Between the Star Pond and the Japanese Garden
- Between the bus parking lots and the Gift Store
- Between the Statue of Annabelle and the Carousel
Restaurants, Gift Store and the Carousel are wheelchair accessible.
- Close parking is available upon request.
- Only motorized and standard wheelchairs are permitted; however, the compact-style of a four-wheeled motorized wheelchair is more suitable to our pathways.
Complimentary wheelchair rentals are available, please note that loaner wheelchairs do not have handbrakes. Wheelchairs are available on a first come, first served basis.
If you wish to rent a mobility scooter, please contact Motion directly at 250-656-6228 to arrange delivery to The Gardens for your visit. The Butchart Gardens does not have scooters on site to rent.
Complimentary strollers are available on a first-come, first-served basis from the Visitor Centre.
All of the washrooms on the grounds are outfitted with baby changing stations for your convenience.
Some pathways are narrow and have a steeper grade and are therefore unsuitable for wagons. Please do not bring them to The Gardens.
Complimentary push carts are available for small children.
Services & Amenities
Yes, our Visitor Information Centre can hold luggage and other small items free of charge while you visit The Gardens.
Please turn in and report any lost items to the Visitor Centre. You can also collect items at the Visitor Centre.
If you have lost an item please contact reception 250-652-4422 and they will direct you to our lost and found or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mobile first aid assistance is readily available and we encourage you to accept the help of our well-trained First Aid Attendants. If you experience or witness an injury, mishap or emergency, please notify any staff member immediately, report to our Visitor Centre, or call 250-652-4422. Our staff are well-equipped to assist you with any injury or medical incident and will ensure the incident is properly documented. Band-aids, anti-nausea and other comfort medications are available for sale in the Information Centre.
Photography is welcome, but should not interfere with the enjoyment of other visitors; please do not block pathways with tripods.
For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, selfie sticks are not permitted.
Operating a drone is not permitted anywhere on property.
For everyone’s enjoyment, The Butchart Gardens including the parking lots are entirely smoke and vapour free.
What Visitors Are Saying
“Returned after 30 years, just lovely!”
“Most beautiful garden we’ve ever seen.”
“The smell of the Daphne! Spectacular and intoxicating.”
“Mot beautiful garden we have ever seen.”
“Amazing place. You can tell this place is loved.”