Chef’s Recipe: Butternut Squash Pasta
Butternut Squash Pasta
Serving yield 4 people
|Roasted butternut squash||1 3/4 lbs||800 grams|
|Roasted Cremini mushrooms||1 1/3 lbs||600 grams|
|Onions||3.5 oz||100 grams|
|Fresh garlic||3/4 oz||20 grams|
|Pasta penne rigate – uncooked||14 oz||400 grams|
|Salt & pepper to season|
|Oil to coat vegetables for roasting|
|White wine||4 tbsp||60 grams|
|Whipping cream||3 cups less 2 tsp||740 ml|
|Green peas||2 3/4 oz||80 grams|
|Parmesan Grana Padano cheese (grated)||2 oz||60 grams|
|Caciocavallo or other smoked cheese (grated)||2 oz||60 grams|
|Ground nutmeg to taste|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel and chop butternut squash into 2 inch pieces, finely dice onions and garlic then season with oil, salt and pepper and place on lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Clean and chop mushrooms into quarters. Season mushrooms with oil, salt and pepper and place on lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain excess liquid if applicable.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender, strain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan add white wine and cream. Bring to a boil on medium heat and reduce by 1/4. Add roasted butternut squash and mushrooms.
- Add green peas, grated parmesan cheese and caciovavalla cheese. Cook for 1 minute then add cooked pasta.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
Download and print recipe: Butternut Squash Pasta